Sunday, October 14, 2007

Visit to Madaha



10.10.07
Gour Express started at 10:15 P.M. from Sealdaha station. On the next day, I reached at Maldaha town station at 6 A.M. Mr. Sinha (DI ) picked me from SBI ATM counter and arranged one accomodation at Maldaha Lodge. At 8 A.M. I started for Chanchol by jeep. The contract was that I would pay the full fuel charge for the tour. Around 10 A.M. I reached at Chanchol -2 and contacted SI from the bus stand. I met SI at 10:30 A.M. and he accompanied me to visit Siddheswari school. The school is situated within the complex of Rajbari of the king Sharat Chandra Roy Choudhury. I  divided students into two groups - good and poor students based on teacher's opinion keeping the students' unaware of such classifications. I administered full questionnarires to good and partial questionnaire to poor students. Next, I went to Dakshayani school and collected data from only good students. I used this classification as poor students fail to comprehend the questions. Amrita by analysing SSA report, identified these two schools as good and poor infrastructure facilities.
 
At 6-30, I returned to  school council office at Atul market. There I met DPSC chairman, Dr. Uttam Sarkar. He arranged my next visit at Mothabari block of Kaliachak -2.
    Next day, I went to Mothabari block. There I met SI who accompanied me to visit two schools all the time. At night, I returned from Maldah town by Gour express at 9-35 P.M.
 
 

No comments: